June 26, 2007

The Ten Best Films Of 2005


1.   Café Lumière (Hsiao-hsien Hou, Japan/Taiwan)
2.   Caché (Michael Haneke, France/Austria/Germany/Italy)
3.   The New World (Terrence Malick, United States)
4.   The Intruder (Claire Denis, France)
5.   Tony Takitani (Jun Ichikawa, Japan)
6.   Tropical Malady (Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Thailand, France, Germany, Italy)
7.   Nobody Knows (Hirokazu Koreeda, Japan)
8.   A History Of Violence (David Cronenberg, Germany/United States)
9.   Last Days (Gus Van Sant, United States)
10. Broken Flowers (Jim Jarmusch, United States, France)

*list based on U.S. theatrical release date

1 comment:

Daniel Vella said...

Nice list. The New World would have topped my list (such an amazing film), though I have to admit I haven't seen Cafe Lumiere yet. I do miss 2046 and Neil Marshall's The Descent.

At first I found it a bit incongrous to see a top ten list for 2005 published now, but I realized that I'm often in the situation that by the end of a year there are still tons of films I haven't caught, and it takes me a while to see everything, so it makes sense.



http://amediumofimages.blogspot.com/