October 31, 2007

31 Flicks That Give You The Willies!!!


Ed Hardy, Jr., of the fantastic film blog Shoot the Projectionist, had the brilliant idea to query bloggers and readers regarding the films that scared them the most. Well, the response was huge, and 183 films were nominated, many of which one wouldn't typically see on most "best-of-horror" lists. A second round of voting whittled that unwieldy list down to 31 films, one for each day of October. The end result is the first ever "Willies" list, something that I am sure will become an annual tradition.

I think the idea of a "communal" list is a wonderful spin on list making, and though I certainly disagree with some of the films that made the cut, I have absolutely no problem with the film that sits proudly at #1. I won't give it away here, so as not to spoil the fun of reading the list yourself, suffice it to say that I share Ed's high opinion of it completely. So if you're looking for another source of horror filled inspiration on Halloween, head on over to Shoot the Projectionist and check out:

31 Flicks That Give You The Willies!

No comments: